Friday, March 11, 2011

March

It's late, once again, and I'm anxious to go upstairs and join my husband who I haven't seen all week. By now he is snoring like a chainsaw so I don't feel too guilty for staying up and finishing 'business' online without the call for snacks, child entertainment, the phone ringing, etc. 

But, as a quick little update in the life of Beth - the kids are great, healthy (knock on wood) and enjoyed the one snow day that they had to make snow angels last week before our yard turned to the mud-haven that it is today. I haven't been on the treadmill in at least a week because I smashed my toes against the wall (I was aiming for the dog who deserved it at the time, but he moved, and it was dark), and I am very excited that SUPERMAN will be performed by Henry Cavill in next year's movie release.  Next to Sam and Wade, I think he is the best choice. Sadly, Sam had to decline due to potty training conflicting with film schedules.  And Wade just can't bring himself to wear tights. He's not into Hollywood anyway.  So, way-to-go my favorite British actor for stepping up to the plate! I simply can't wait! I've been watching poorly fan-made previews on youtube and considered installing a countdown on my computer - I've always loved Superman. I'll be in line on opening night with candy bars smuggled in my purse and a giddy smile on my face, stifling squeels of excitement. Call me young and stupid.  Go ahead - I'll be flattered.

Sam's pre-school backpack arrived today.  He'll be going part time this fall, and I think that he is already ready for it.  Sometimes I can just read the look on his face as he eats his raisins mid-morning with me and it says something like, "Okay, how many more hours 'til the girls get home, Mommy?".  He mostly wants to ride a school bus so badly he can barely stand it - watching Barney's Adventure Bus special regularly doesn't help the obsession. Luckily and thankfully, we have a connection and he'll get a tour of a real bus at a bus garage next week (yay Ant Tammy!).

I'm also on the post-celebration cloud of relief and elation tonight that rids me of streamers, pizza and cake for a while - as the annual family birthday-a-thon of February through March is now over.  As a present for my mom (and ourselves, let's be honest) we updated our kids' professional portraits yesterday.  Enjoy!



I should note - I had NO intention of ending up in any of the pictures taken, but Sam needed a little enouragement and snap it went - and despite the "just-got-out-of-the-shower-because-I-had-to-go-out-in-public-mom" look, I like that one shot.
I also didn't mean for the kids to be dressed so Little House - the look just turned out that way in the rush  to curl and and put on spring dresses in the 20 minutes I had after school to get them ready for the appointment.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful!

    I love Superman too.

    Glad everyone is healthy and doing well!

    ReplyDelete