I haven't written a whole lot because I start to worry that I'm sharing too much info publicly about my kid(s). I'm just not that trusting of internet privacy standards in general, and even closed down my facebook acount at one point. Seven days later I reactivated it again, of course, only this time I deleted all friends except for those I'm either related to or have called a best friend at one point or another in my life. It makes it easier for me to post my constant boastings about my son's behavior, the kids' cute pictures, and Taylorisms, all while knowing that everyone on my friends list either cares and loves to see it, or doesn't care but won't mind seeing my 2 year old on his new tractor 8 times a week, or will hide me, which is fine too.
With that, I've also lost a lot of theme ideas of what to blog about since in a public journal I'm not as inclined any more to spread my guts out about my financial woes, thoughts of smothering a certain spouse from time to time, desire to set my ailing car on fire to get a new one, my irritation with other people, or health issues.
What's left to dish about?
It's winter.
It's snowing.
I'm a nerd.
I mostly stay home and wear my grey stretch pants and red long sleeved tee around 3 days a week (yes, washed in between wearings, but I don't wash them, Wade does - ha ha ha).
I'm part of the Relief Society at my church.
I bake a lot.
My social life is pretty much to live vicariously through the kids' birthday party invites and vacation plans, and plopping down with my honey around 9:30 each night to watch Monk.
I started watching Monk for the first time and am addicted. I looove this man, as a character.
I've started walking on the treadmill regularly again while making dietary changes. I'm NOT on a diet. If I say that word, I'll fail next week. So, let's just stick with the term "lifestyle changes".
I'm sewing a lot these days. I used my thrifty coupons and existing fabric to make the kids new pillows and bedding and curtains.
I love Burt's Bees.
I enjoy visiting with my Gramma, Mom, and Ant often.
I shop mostly at Wegmans.
I crave grilled chicken tortellini from my favorite restaurant but am holding out until my birthday. Not only for my "lifestyle change" but for our super tight bank account.
I play the piano daily for myself, if only 1 song.
I think about when and where I'll go back to work but don't have the heart to yet.
I'm grateful my husband has a job, even though the nature of his outdoor work lays him off for a time during winter. It's nice that he does laundry, and shovels snow, and takes amazing care of our son, and me.
I'm grateful that it isn't often that I consider smothering him. And that when I'm geared up to smother him, he has enough sense to stay away from me. :)
I'm typing, still, on my niece's netbook that my son has literally picked the following keys off of: a, c, b, n, caps lock, and the space bar. If he takes any more off I may not be able to type without guessing.
While I'm making an effort to write this my son is running circles around me with the loudest dump truck he owns, and my husband is right behind him, trying to be helpful, but bellaring over the noise of the truck, "Son! Come here! Mommy needs some time!".
And I REALLY love my new Bon Jovi Ultimate Collection!!! I listen to it a lot - ignoring the complaints I hear from the kids that sound a lot like mine 20 years ago over Neil Diamond and Linda Rondstandt records that my mom belted out to clean house by.
I also enjoy being involved in the girls' school activities.
Speaking of holidays, our Christmas was awesome. It was like I always dreamed it would be years ago as we looked at our house for the first time as prospective home buyers. The large bay window sold me on the outside. The "Christmas stairs" were what I first noticed when we walked in the door. I barely had to see the rest of the house to decide in my mind that this was home.
Samuel walked down our stairs, hand in hand with Wade, and lit up when he saw what was under the tree. It took him all of 30 seconds to get on the tractor, then not get off for another 45 minutes. As his gift from Santa was so large and luxurious, he received just a few other gifts that were nice (and on huge sale), but we probably didn't have to get those either. He was delighted to have his very own toddler-life-sized tractor, and the really great gifts from family members who know his interests well.
We had a nice family dinner, and I considered for a moment that Sam might get lonely Christmas morning without a sibling here to share it with. Then I watched Wade on the floor with him, making vehicle noises, and bucking around like a horsie, then holding him gently on his knee while hugging and kissing him. I sighed with relief. And shortly after the cousisters (we've coined the term) with Uncle Tim showed up to eat and play. They love each other so much, it is my greatest joy to know that.
My baby is almost 2 1/2 years old! He is growing so steadily I sometimes have to catch my breathe to not only catch up with him running accross a room, but live in amazement at his growth, communication, changes, ability to pee himself as soon as he gets a fresh pair of underpants on, and a genuine sweet nature. Naturally I'm biased, but I can't say enough good about this little boy. Things with wheels, Barney, and chocolate milk are still the best - but he's showing a great deal of "I want to do what you're doing" to us and the girls.
This interest he has to be part of things is welcomed by everyone most of the time, except Taylor. She and Sam have a very typical sibling relationship as she rips toys from his hands if it suits her purpose, and he in turn smacks her on the head. Allison would bend over backwards to please Samuel and babies him more than I ever did. But, Allison would rip a toy out of Taylor's hands if it suits her purpose, and in turn Taylor smacks her on the head.
It's a very fun family!
Until next time... I'll be making cookies and trying hard not to eat them.












No comments:
Post a Comment